Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 February 2015

The oak "Ustrobniok" the only witness who survived..

4th February 2015

I love family history so I like gathering all information because I would like to want to write a book.  My paternal ancestors lived since 16th century in the small village in Subcarpathia Region. Now most of my distant relatives don't live here they are scattered around the world USA, and different countries of Europe. As I know from the local Roman- Catholic Parish they were well-off in the past. But later the situation had changed. Why ? I don't know so they had to emigrate to survive. I am sure it was not easy decision ...

The only witness which existed at that time  is the oak "Ustrobniok" the magnificent tree which is located next to the road...

 I am sure the oak remembers as my ancestors left Poland to USA and different parts of Europe and the time when they came back. My ancestors' house was located about 200 metres from it so they had to past it many times during their daily routines.. 
 It remembers funerals services, weddings, birthday parties,  It had to  bad news an good news about my family..  My ancestors died a long time ago in different corners of the world and probably had dreamt about this magnificent tree .. Luckily this strong tree has survived sunny, bright days and those grey, cloudy ones. It has experienced WWI, WWII, and communism and now it is very happy living in independent state. 

The OAK Ustrobniok is about 310 years old. It is 17 metres high. 

'Yesterday I was passing this tree going to ski... 

As you can see the oak it is not in a good shape now. Local community and authorities take care of him so I hope I can admire him in the future...

16 comments:

  1. If only that tree could talk it would tell you much.
    My ancestors came from Ireland mostly, a few from England. It's interesting the family tree for those that like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope it remains for new generations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such history the tree has seen. I hope it goes on surviving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I like this tree but some hooligans have lately dameged it..

      Delete
  4. That is an impressive tree; if only it could tell you about everything--it would be fascinating to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. But it can't but luckily it has survived for 3 centuries

      Delete
  6. I hope they take care of this oak. Your tree has been through a lot. When we were in France about 10 years ago we saw an olive tree which they had dated as many hundreds of years old. That they could know this is incredible.
    Have a wonderful weekend. I am joining you at Wednesday Around the World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it will be for next generations. In Poland there are much older trees too but also oaks..

      Delete
  7. Gosia, great story about the oak and your ancestors and the mighty oak tree. Thanks for joining in on the writing adventure. Hope you write more about your family history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I am going to write more stories in the future. Now it is a warming up.

      Delete